England tours & Ireland tours.
Small group, leisurely guided tours. Lots of history & fun!
BUNRATTY CASTLE, SHANNON.
INCLUDED banquet in this authentic 15c MacNamara castle.
Enjoy an INCLUDED trip along Dublin Bay.
DURTY NELLY'S PUB, SHANNON.
Enjoy INCLUDED drinks in this historic tavern opened in 1620.
INTER-CITY EXPRESS TRAIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED train trips in Scotland & England.
DEVON CREAM TEA.
Enjoy an INCLUDED yummy Devon cream tea in Dartmoor.
BAKER STREET STATION.
Enjoy FREE travel on London Underground trains.
Enjoy INCLUDED dinners in ancient pubs like 800 years old Turf Tavern, Oxford.
THE MERRY PLOUGHBOY PUB, DUBLIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED music nights with dinner in Irish pubs.
IRISH SEA FAST-FERRY.
The Club Class Lounge is INCLUDED on certain routes.
Enjoy INCLUDED porterage at hotels.
THE ROCK OF CASHEL.
Enjoy an INCLUDED guided tour of St. Patrick's spectacular Rock of Cashel.
Enjoy an INCLUDED pint or two or three of Guinness in Ireland.
Enjoy your INCLUDED River Thames cruise.
England tours : The London advantage without jet-lag & with FREE London ‘Tube’ travel.
LONDON – THE JOLLY GOOD TOURS‘ BIG ADVANTAGE.
London is one of the greatest cities in the world & is a vital part of our England tours program. There’s history around every corner. Famous characters from the past jump out at you everywhere you go, like Elizabeth Lyon aka Edgworth Bess – I still have the bruises! London is one of the safest cities too. Central London, where you spend your time, has one of the highest ratios of police officers to civilians of any capital city in the world. There is hardly any street crime in Central London due to the fact that Great Britain has the highest ratio of on-street cctv surveillance cameras per head of population in the world. Traveling around London is easy on the ‘tube’. London deserves respect. This is how we do it & make it easy for you :
- Unlike the majority of tours your INCLUDED city tour of London is by double-deck, open-top sightseeing bus. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SEE LONDON! You see so much more than other tours whose sightseeing is by single deck regular touring style bus making it very difficult to get photos through the windows. As you go around you will literally be able to look down on the folks straining their necks for a decent photo. The guides are brilliant on these sightseeing buses – we have never been disappointed. It is not necessary to go as a group so you have a bit of flexibility.
- Most other tours arrive back in London at the end of a full coach touring day at the end of the tour. We carefully plan our tours to give you maximum quality time in London. We usually take an Inter-City Express train to arrive in central London usually mid/late morning. You are fresh for this great city and within an hour of arrival you are off on your 3 hour London city tour. Hop on and off if you fancy.
- We save London until the end of the tour on nearly all our tours. Why? Because you are not jet-lagged at the end of the tour! With most tours you arrive in London for 2 nights at the beginning of the tour after your long flight. Your hotel room is not usually available until mid-afternoon if you are lucky, so by the time you have unpacked, showered and had a ‘snackette’ it is around 5-6pm. You have now been in London 7-12 hours and seen nothing. Sure, you have a full day in London the next day but you are probably still jet-lagged! You then go off on your tour of the British Isles and 2 weeks later you arrive back in London late afternoon/early evening mindful of the fact that you have to repack your suitcase because you have an early morning flight home! With Jolly Good Tours you get quality non jet-lagged, continuous time in London.
- After your city tour you know where you want to go back to. We give you FREE all day passes for the London Underground (The ‘tube’.) so you can easily get around. It really is easy & fun as you don’t have to mess around with loose change.
- Also by the time you get to London you will be more used to Great Britain, the traffic on the ‘wrong side of the road’, the people and even places to eat quickly like JD Wetherspoons pubs for lunch, Thorntons hot chocolate cafes (Yummy!) or on-the-go sandwiches from Boots, Marks & Spencer, Tesco Metro, Sainsbury etc.. We want you to want to come back to London. You will love it! If we treat London right it will treat you right!
- In fact we can tell you that arriving in London in this fashion has a rejuvenating quality. Most people will be visiting London for the first time and there is a genuine air of excitement about it.
- Remember hardly any tours include dinner in London but we do. This saves you a heck of a lot of time & hassle.
- In London we have 4 ground crew around for each tour. That is 1 crew member for 7 Tour Buddies! Who looks after you best in London?
- All of our London hotels are within the London Underground central zone 1. Any hotels that we use within that area south of the River Thames are close to Waterloo, Westminster Bridge, London Bridge or Tower Bridge. We do NOT stay in Islington, Hammersmith, Maida Vale or Wembley.
If you need to chill out pop into St.James’s Park above left. If you need directions just ask a London Bobby above right. If you need lunch pop into a pub like the Sherlock Holmes Pub in Northumberland St. above center. “The best place for lunch is a pub. That is elementary my dear Watson.”
You will have a great time in London and will want to come back!