England tours & Ireland tours.
Small group, leisurely guided tours. Lots of history & fun!
BUNRATTY CASTLE, SHANNON.
INCLUDED banquet in this authentic 15c MacNamara castle.
Enjoy an INCLUDED trip along Dublin Bay.
DURTY NELLY'S PUB, SHANNON.
Enjoy INCLUDED drinks in this historic tavern opened in 1620.
INTER-CITY EXPRESS TRAIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED train trips in Scotland & England.
DEVON CREAM TEA.
Enjoy an INCLUDED yummy Devon cream tea in Dartmoor.
BAKER STREET STATION.
Enjoy FREE travel on London Underground trains.
Enjoy INCLUDED dinners in ancient pubs like 800 years old Turf Tavern, Oxford.
THE MERRY PLOUGHBOY PUB, DUBLIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED music nights with dinner in Irish pubs.
IRISH SEA FAST-FERRY.
The Club Class Lounge is INCLUDED on certain routes.
Enjoy INCLUDED porterage at hotels.
THE ROCK OF CASHEL.
Enjoy an INCLUDED guided tour of St. Patrick's spectacular Rock of Cashel.
Enjoy an INCLUDED pint or two or three of Guinness in Ireland.
Enjoy your INCLUDED River Thames cruise.
England tours & Ireland tours : Tour price & value comparison.
TOUR PRICE & VALUE COMPARISONS.
DIRECT PRICE COMPARISON.
- Jolly Good Tours‘ England tours & Ireland tours are smaller group tours with a maximum of just 28 Tour Buddies on our SPACE-BUS tours. In 2013 the average tour cost per person per touring night twin/double share of these tours is around US$250 – US$325 depending on the tour. These are Jolly Good rates PLUS we INCLUDE dinner every night & do not sell optional extra side trips/excursions.
- Generally, comparable 1st class tours with other tour operators carrying up to 53 travelers average out at around US$225 – US$350 per person per touring night after taking into account optional extra trips sold on tour, many dinners not included in the tour price etc..
- Small group minibus tours carrying between about 16/17 travelers are around US$400 – US$500 per person per touring night (No restroom on-board the minibus usually.)
- So called luxury tours with other tour operators carrying between 24 & 38 travelers are around US$500 – US$600 per person per touring night.
So Jolly Good Tours have tour prices that are directly competitive with both big group AND small group tour prices but there is more …..
TOUR VALUE COMPARISON.
- We jam-pack our tours with prepaid INCLUDED features in the tour price which frequently can number 3 times as many as most comparable tours. Even on our short 8 day Ireland tours we manage to INCLUDED over twice as many prepaid features as most volume tour operators. Note : Since so many tour operators have reduced the number of included dinners drastically over the last 10 years we now regard an included dinner as an included prepaid feature and count them as such for all tour operators when making comparisons.
Our philosophy is to INCLUDE as many of the most important quality features relative to the tour on offer. Two examples :
- We believe that if you go to Dublin you want to get up close and personal with Dublin people and Dublin culture, pubs & history. You probably do not want to be taken to an international cabaret (Especially if it costs extra! It happens!) which you could see in Vegas or LA or Sydney etc.. We INCLUDE Irish stuff in Ireland. It isn’t rocket science.
- Look across at the first 3 images in the next column. Great touring is a question of prioritizing your valuable time. For example our April 2013, 15 day Ireland & Great Britain Combo Tour starts in Shannon, Ireland & finishes in London. We cross the Irish just once by a short flight from Dublin to Glasgow. Most 15 day Ireland/Great Britain tours start in London & finish in London so spend time driving the M4 through the South Wales industrial area (We do not!) & crossing the Irish Sea twice by long ferry journeys. Incidentally when you fly from North America to London you usually fly over Shannon in Ireland. Most tours will then spend the next 3 days driving back to …… Shannon! Errrr? As a result of our tour design you get to see images 2 & 3 but not 1! As far as we know our tour is the only 15 day tour that visits both areas. We do not wish to upset our Welsh friends so let me also say that our tour design also allows us to spend the night in the very pleasant Welsh town of Llangollen.
Some tour operators describe ‘Day 1‘ of the tour as the flying day from North America when it is NOT actually included in the tour price giving the appearance of an extra day’s touring. At Jolly Good Tours we describe ‘Day 1′ as the day you land in Ireland or Great Britain which is when we start to look after you. We think that is the correct way to represent the duration of the tour and full marks to all other tour operators who do the same.
Many tour operators now only include dinner around 30% of nights & sell optional extra trips almost as often as 1 per day. In addition there are other bits and pieces like airport transfers which most tour operators do not guarantee as included for everybody, sightseeing tours that are not included etc.. One tour operator finishes some of their tours in a top tourist town in the midlands of England. Many people on those tours don’t realize that they then have to get themselves to London to fly home so that involves unexpected train travel costs and an extra night’s hotel. One other tour operator finishes some of their tours late afternoon in Edinburgh which involves travel expenses down to London and at least one extra night’s hotel stay.