England tours & Ireland tours.
Small group, leisurely guided tours. Lots of history & fun!
BUNRATTY CASTLE, SHANNON.
INCLUDED banquet in this authentic 15c MacNamara castle.
Enjoy an INCLUDED trip along Dublin Bay.
DURTY NELLY'S PUB, SHANNON.
Enjoy INCLUDED drinks in this historic tavern opened in 1620.
INTER-CITY EXPRESS TRAIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED train trips in Scotland & England.
DEVON CREAM TEA.
Enjoy an INCLUDED yummy Devon cream tea in Dartmoor.
BAKER STREET STATION.
Enjoy FREE travel on London Underground trains.
Enjoy INCLUDED dinners in ancient pubs like 800 years old Turf Tavern, Oxford.
THE MERRY PLOUGHBOY PUB, DUBLIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED music nights with dinner in Irish pubs.
IRISH SEA FAST-FERRY.
The Club Class Lounge is INCLUDED on certain routes.
Enjoy INCLUDED porterage at hotels.
THE ROCK OF CASHEL.
Enjoy an INCLUDED guided tour of St. Patrick's spectacular Rock of Cashel.
Enjoy an INCLUDED pint or two or three of Guinness in Ireland.
Enjoy your INCLUDED River Thames cruise.
England tours & Ireland tours : Super for seniors.
MORE LEISURELY ENGLAND TOURS & IRELAND TOURS.
Our England tours & Ireland tours are highly suitable for seniors as they are arranged the way all coach tours should be arranged with plenty of time off the touring coach & sectors of more than 2 hours on the coach without a break are rare. Generally you get a lot of your own space but with all the benefits of being looked after & plenty of exercise walking around.
GREAT ENGLAND TOURS & IRELAND TOURS FOR SENIORS FOR OTHER REASONS.
If you check out our ‘Big Advantages‘ you will find that most of those advantages appeal to all ages but especially seniors. Let’s cherry pick one or two ……
- We don’t like our Tour Buddies to feel ‘herded’ or ‘crammed in a touring coach like sardines’ on our England tours & Ireland tours. We carry a maximum of 28 people in standard 50 seat size touring coaches on our SPACE-BUS tours. We like to have time in places. Life is too short to be in a hurry. ‘You see but you do not observe [Watson].’ This is a famous quote from ‘A Scandal in Bohemia’ when Sherlock Holmes rebukes faithful Dr. Watson for his inability to visually absorb the facts. In truth the quote applies to many coach tours where the velocity (ferocity?) of the tours barely gives tour members a chance to digest & understand what they are actually seeing. The quip/film ‘If it’s Tuesday, this must be Belgium‘ is often, unfortunately a reality. We construct our tour itineraries to give more time off the coach than on it so you get plenty of time to ‘observe’.
- It doesn’t matter what age you are you need exercise so being stuck on a bus from 8am to 6pm almost every day with just a few breaks is extremely tiring & makes your joints ache (And mine.). Not only do we believe we give more time at highlight stops but we have many days where our touring day finishes mid-afternoon or earlier. This means plenty of time for walking or even using hotel gyms where available.
- We believe in making every valuable second of your vacation count. Ireland, England, Scotland & Wales are wonderful countries. You could spend half a lifetime touring through them and still not see & understand everything. On our tours you will be educated & have fun but you will not spend time in a lecture room! Aside from purely educational tours we don’t see the point of traveling to a wonderful foreign country and spending time in a classroom! To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw, “It was not the classroom that gave me my education but the hours spent playing hookey from school to wander around the National Gallery in Dublin.”
QUITE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE LOOKING AFTER SENIORS ON ENGLAND TOURS & IRELAND TOURS.
- Having escorted over 14,000 Americans, Kiwis, Canadians & Aussies on England tours & Ireland tours since 1983, most of whom were seniors we know little things like you prefer to ‘get up & at ‘em early’ and then finish the day early-ish. It is amazing how many tours with 2 nights in the same hotel arrange breakfast for 8.30am or 9.00am so your day doesn’t start until 9.30am. Let’s get cracking so you can use the spare hour or so for example having afternoon tea in the Shelbourne in Dublin with friends newly acquired during the tour or anything else you might like to fit in. You can sleep in for an extra hour when you get home!
- In our daily tour itineraries we give guidance for estimated time of arrival at our end of day destination, total miles covered for the day, amount of time spent on the coach, refreshment and restroom* availability during the day. As far as we know we are the only tour operator to do that. We do it because we firmly believe that our itineraries are balanced perfectly between travel time & easy free time. *Our touring coaches always have an emergency restroom on-board of course & in any event it is rare for us to go over 2 hours without a stop.
So once again if you check out our ‘Big Advantages‘ you’ll find many other positives that appeal to the ‘more experienced generations’.