England tours & Ireland tours.
Small group, leisurely guided tours. Lots of history & fun!
BUNRATTY CASTLE, SHANNON.
INCLUDED banquet in this authentic 15c MacNamara castle.
Enjoy an INCLUDED trip along Dublin Bay.
DURTY NELLY'S PUB, SHANNON.
Enjoy INCLUDED drinks in this historic tavern opened in 1620.
INTER-CITY EXPRESS TRAIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED train trips in Scotland & England.
DEVON CREAM TEA.
Enjoy an INCLUDED yummy Devon cream tea in Dartmoor.
BAKER STREET STATION.
Enjoy FREE travel on London Underground trains.
Enjoy INCLUDED dinners in ancient pubs like 800 years old Turf Tavern, Oxford.
THE MERRY PLOUGHBOY PUB, DUBLIN.
Enjoy INCLUDED music nights with dinner in Irish pubs.
IRISH SEA FAST-FERRY.
The Club Class Lounge is INCLUDED on certain routes.
Enjoy INCLUDED porterage at hotels.
THE ROCK OF CASHEL.
Enjoy an INCLUDED guided tour of St. Patrick's spectacular Rock of Cashel.
Enjoy an INCLUDED pint or two or three of Guinness in Ireland.
Enjoy your INCLUDED River Thames cruise.
England tours & Ireland tours : More time! More Space!
MORE TIME! MORE SPACE!
- We start most of our tours at one airport and finish at another. For example our England tours & Great Britain tours often start in Glasgow or Manchester and finish in London. This allows easier prioritizing of the tour itinerary giving more time in important places.
- Even a little thing like not arriving at London’s very busy airports can save time and energy.
- Our focus is mid-afternoon arrivals at the end of day destination. It doesn’t happen every day but usually a later arrival precedes a 2 night stop so you are basically ‘in town’ all day the next day. This gives you a chance to enjoy the place you are staying in and meet & talk to the locals. Here is one now!
- We love touring coaches but we also love & use Inter-City express trains. This allows us to cover particular journeys in 33% of the time so we can prioritize itinerary content. EG you arrive in London mid-morning off an Inter-City express train from Bristol instead of late afternoon/early evening.
- On our Ireland & Great Britain combo tours we usually start in Shannon, Ireland & finish in London. This means we cross the Irish Sea just once not twice like most tours & avoid the long motorway journey through the South Wales industrial areas. We have nothing against South Wales & indeed tour there from time to time but it is a question of horses-for-courses & prioritizing your valuable time.
- On those Ireland & GB combos we usually cross the Irish Sea by Fast Ferry in 1 to 2 hours depending on the route compared to the regular ferries which most tour operators use that take over almost twice as long. Sometimes we take short flight instead.
- We believe in starting as early as is reasonable and finishing the touring day that bit earlier as mentioned. So if you are looking for a vacation where you get to sleep in coach touring is probably not for you. Sleep in? In your dreams!
- As for more space, well that consists of extra space on the touring coach as explained elsewhere and your personal free time off the coach which really amounts to ‘your own space’. We think we have the balance correct between traveling and free time.